Thursday, May 03, 2012

The Virtuous Woman

Moms and Friends learned from the virtuous woman in Proverbs 31:10-31. They had such lively discussions about these verses. I think Indian women can relate better than most American women. Even if they don't work outside the home, the women I know work hard at managing their homes and trying to please their husbands and their mother in laws. They spend a lot of time cooking. I found a summary list I really liked at www.middletownbiblechurch.com. I gave the women the verses in Hindi, and this list in English. It helped me with our discussion. 
The virtuous woman is:
1. devoted to her family (vs. 10-12, 23)
2. delighted in her work (vs.13)
3. diligent in her labor (vs. 14-21, 24, 27)
4. dedicated to godly speech (vs. 26)
5. dependent on God (vs 25b, 30)
6. dressed with care (vs 22, 25a)
7. delivered blessings (vs 28-29)

After our lesson, we made an Indian snack -Corn Flakes Bhel. Normally it is made with puffed rice, but this recipe called for corn flakes. 
 Ingredients: 2 C corn flakes, 1 seeded and diced cucumber, 1 diced onion,  2 seeded and chopped tomatoes, 1 large boiled and diced potato, salt, masala chaat mix, 1 T chopped fresh coriander, and lemon juice. I roasted some peanuts and added a cup, and the ladies finely chopped two seeded green chillies. The last thing you add is the corn flakes, and the lemon juice. 

 We mixed everything together except for the corn flakes and the lemon juice. After our lesson, we added them.
 Serving. They liked it. I liked it. I ate what was left!

No comments:

Post a Comment