"His banner over me is love!"
MOMS AND FRIENDS BIBLE CLUB RECIPE
Sugar Free Fat Free Carrot Cake
- 2 cups Atta
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups Water
- 1 and 1/4 cups Chopped Dates or other dried fruit
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 teaspoon Allspice Powder
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/3 cup Carrot Juice (or any other juice)
- As Needed Water or some more juice depending upon the consistency of the batter.
- Preheat oven for 15 minutes to 375F/190C. Lightly grease and flour or line an 8 or 9 inch cake pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and powder and salt.
- In a saucepan, combine together the water, dried fruits and allspice powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put the shredded carrots in a large bowl. Pour the hot mixture on top of it and let it cool completely.
- When cool add the chopped nuts and juice and combine it well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well together.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Mine was done in about 35 minutes due to the small size of my oven.
- Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- For Jerry and I, this sugar free cake tasted a bit bland without frosting, but if you choose to frost wait for the cake to cool completely and frost it with your favorite frosting. We made cream cheese frosting and it was perfect! Since the ladies would not be using frosting, we added 1/2 cup of local honey. It was really good! The kids liked it but hated the raisins. They also prefer almonds or cashews here. You can use whatever dried fruit you want. We used dates and golden raisins and Craisins.