Friday, April 22, 2011

Moms and Friends Learn About the Samaritan Woman

I was thrilled when two ladies showed up Thursday for the Moms and Friends Bible Club. I got to share the entire story of Christ and Resurrection Day, or Easter as we call it in the west. I much prefer Resurrection Day. I told them I wanted them to understand my most Holy Day. The locals explain their holy days to me, so I return the favor! And this is THE best day ever! The resurrection of Christ is at the very heart of what we believe as followers of Jesus.
After sharing the Good News, I told them about the Samaritan woman and her encounter with Jesus. I shared with them what I shared with their daughters, but with different applications.
After prayer time, Jing taught them to make a mint salad. She washed and trimmed mint leaves and added quartered and sliced tomatoes, quartered and sliced onions, chopped green chillies, and lemon juice. She also added a little soy sauce and tossed. I love this salad. The ladies use mint for chutney but weren't used to eating the whole leaves.



No comments:

Post a Comment