Sunday, December 19, 2010

Big Girls Bible Club Christmas Party

Fifteen of the girls, and six siblings and five moms came to the Happy Birthday, Jesus party yesterday. We sang the songs they have been learning: "Go Tell it on the Mountain," and "The Virgin Mary had a Baby Boy," and a few others. I told the story of creation to Christ. Through the lives of the women we have studied, the girls know how sin came into the world, and why the world needed a savior. Jesus was the sacrificial Lamb for our sins. Jesus came for the whole world -not the US. If it weren't for His resurrection, we wouldn't be celebrating His birth. After telling about the Redemptive Christ, I told the story of the first Christmas. A friend sent nativity sticker sets for the party guests to follow the story with.
I had to explain the white faces!
They made ornaments to help them remember the significance of Christmas. The little ones made sticker pictures.
We played some games that helped them learn the meaning of the CHristmas symbols.
Several of the girls came on Friday to help prepare some baked goodies. I bought the traditional plum cake, as I don't know how to make it.
What a blessing it is to share the True meaning of Christmas with my Hindu, Sikh, and Buddhist neighbors. What a joy to give them the opportunity to choose Christ as their Savior. What an awesome gift it is to present the girls with beautiful children's Bibles, and see them eagerly begin to read. I don't have time to be homesick when I am sharing Christmas right where I am. Go, tell. That is the point, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment