Friday, March 09, 2012

Eggless Sugar Cookies

I use this recipe a lot. If you are veg or allergic to eggs, or go to make cookies and find out you don't have any eggs, try this recipe. I made them today for a friend's birthday. I like them iced, but I have found that my Asian friends do not, so I color the dough. 
2 cups flour              1/4 teaspoon salt                 1/2 teaspoon baking soda            1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Combine the dry ingredients and set aside


1/2 cup butter           3/4 cup sugar                       1/2 cup sour cream
Cream the butter and sugar. Add the sour cream.
Then gradually add the flour mixture.
Chill for an hour.
Divide the dough into four balls. Color three with gel or paste food coloring.
Roll out dough on a floured surface to 1/2 inch thick. 
Cut with cutter cutters and embellish with colored dough or sprinkles.
Bake at 350˚F or 180˚C for 10-12 minutes depending on oven.