Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Moms and Friends Learn Lessons from A Widow Whose Son was Restored to Life

Navita knocked on my door the day before I left for the US, wanting to know about my cooking class. I told her I didn't have a cooking class, but I had a Bible Club where we learned lessons from women in the Bible, and sometimes cooked. I told her to come back in August if she wanted to join. Last week, she returned to my door, and we had a chat. She is looking for a part-time job. She is a master's degree student. I need a language tutor, so we're going to try it out. 
Yesterday, Navita attended her first Moms and Friends Bible Club meeting. She made nine, not including Em and Jay, who were visiting with me. She stayed behind afterward and we had our first lesson. She might be using too much English for me, but we'll see. I have been praying for a language tutor, and a young woman to invest in. 
 Em tell her own story.
 Jay tells her story, and how she uses the henna designs.

 The ladies taught me how to make idli, a South Indian staple.
 Making the idli from suji flour.
 In the blue and white blouse on the right is Navita.

 The ladies wanted to make jewelry today. We need more gold earring hooks and some earring studs. We're good with beads, but could use some glod barrel clasps.
 The idli.
Manskika, Manju, Meetu, Mona, Monika, Sonia, Monika2, and Navita. Cherring took the baby home. Please pray for these ladies by name. Some of you will be meeting them soon!! La

No comments:

Post a Comment