Friday, May 10, 2013

IN THE STATES

After three years in India, I am spending three months in the United States. I've been catching up with family and friends in Texas, Florida, and New York. I've had the blessing of sharing what God is doing in India, and saying thank you to my prayer warriors and encouragers. It's great to be back in my home church and enjoy corporate worship.
My favorite place is my beach. This is my place of solace, of respite; my place to commune with God. The waves carry my messages written in the sand. The wind conveys my cries and prayers and praises. The sea gulls and terns chime in. The dolphins and pelicans entertain, and leave me in awe of God's creativity. My beach is the first and the last place I like to go. The shells remind me that even things broken can be beautiful. I soak up the fresh air before heading back to the city with the worst air quality in the world. 
It's hard to leave aging parents, but I have their blessing. They know that when the time comes and they need me to care for them, I will come. And it will be my blessing. I do what I can while I am here. I don't take this time for granted. 
I so appreciate your prayers. How can you pray for me?
*Pray for my last weeks here in the US
*Pray for the volunteer team need for February 2014 -for God's chosen people to hear His voice and be willing to come
*For medical issues to be resolved
*For travel mercies as I head back to India around May 24 (hopefully)
Please lift up the workers in Bangladesh during this time of political unrest. Hindu and Christian minorities are getting caught in the middle. 
THANK YOU! 

1 comment:

  1. I had lost your blogspot when my computer was cleaned by the expert. I finally found the address for the spot and have caught up on your news, rather than Marley's. At the next GA meeting this week they will doing letters to Marley. He will be happy to hear from them I am sure.

    Things are good at the church. Rickey is in W. VA this week with a team of 11(counting Rickey and Joan). They are doing construction on a church.

    Take care and have a good rest of the summer.

    Love, Buddy Boy's Aunty

    ReplyDelete